FoniksWriter was discontinued on Jan 1, 2000
The Fon'iksWriter is a combined notebook computer and steno keyboard. It includes a full DOS/Windows computer with an LCD screen, as much as 32MB of RAM memory, and an optional 1.2GB hard drive. It allows reporters and captioners to carry a single unit rather than separate steno machine and notebook computer. The Fon'iksWriter also has numerous features and capabilities that are not available in today's traditional court reporting machines, such as:
- All keys are electronically adjustable - no screwdriver required!
- Key adjustments can easily be transferred to another machine
- Can connect to a computerís QWERTY keyboard port, allowing high-speed text input into virtually any program in DOS, Windows, OS/2, or UNIX
- Plug a VGA computer monitor directly into the Fon'iks machine to display realtime text
- Thermal paper - no ink or ribbons required!
- Print in steno (standard format or compressed), English, or both
- Writer includes built-in theory tutorial and drills at no extra charge
- Tilt tripod and carrying case with wheels included in base price
- Can be used either with the Fon'iksLogic writing system, or traditional machine shorthand theories